Disposable Coil Warning
Here's some basic FAQs around coils that we get a fair bit:
How long will my coils last?
The general expectation we have of coils is around 1-2 weeks. This is not a guarantee, and can be affected heavily by the below factors, so avoid these where you can:
- Super sweet juice: gunks your coils as sweetener does not fully vaporise in coils, US and Malaysian juices are hefty culprits here
- Inappropriately high PG or high VG:
- Subohm tanks: aim for 70% or more VG
- If you have an MTL tank, do NOT go below 50% VG
- If you're on a pod (not a pod mod, treat those like subohm tanks), 50/50 to 60 VG / 40 PG is about right
- These are just guidelines, not all devices are the same.
- Excessive dust and dirt entering coils - keep your vape in the cleanest possible place you can, stash it so the drip tip and bottom airflow are blocked from picking up any nasties in transit
- Too high or too low wattage - Check the coil, as they often have recommended wattages on the side you can reference to adjust to
- If it's too hot or too cold at the recommended wattage, try a different coil: there's usually one in each range you'll like
- Coil left used and dry or soaked without use in the tank / pod
- Cotton loses its freshness over time, and there is no coil that can go a few months saturated or dry while exposed to air that will taste fresh,
- If you don't plan to vape it within around a month or so, empty the tank of juice and the coil, and leave it until you're ready to vape again
- Firing coils as soon as the tank is filled - we recommend dripping a bit of juice onto dry coils before installing them (this is called priming), just enough juice to wet the cotton will speed up your waiting time, but we'd suggest waiting 5-10 minutes after filling your tank just to make sure
How do you know when your coil is dead?
- Burnt or muted flavour
- Coil is leaking excessively (i.e. not condensating a little, but liquid drops or is 'pouring')
- Device cannot detect coil anymore (a.k.a. shorted)
- Cotton within coil is black or blackening heavily (tiny pieces of black can be okay upon first use, that's remnants of the organic cotton itself)
My coil isn't working or connecting?
- Check the base of the tank, there may be some straight lines indicating where the coil fits securely
- When you get a fresh tank, we highly recommend unscrewing and rescrewing the coil out and back into the tank to ensure a proper connection is made
- Make sure you're using a coil compatible with your mod's wattage, too low a wattage won't heat the coil enough to produce vapor at all
- Occassionally you may get a dud that has not been built properly, let us know on the below email and we'll do our best to make it right
Got a question not listed here? Shoot us an email and we'll be happy to help:
One final word: please take careful note of the coils you are buying. If you unseal a coil out of its packet and they don't fit your device we cannot accept a return for any of them. If you're not sure what you're purchasing please ask!