OUR MANAFACTURING WARRANTY POLICY SUMMARISED:
Thanks for purchasing from Vape Vault, your newly purchased vape device comes with a 3-month manufacturer’s warranty and a Vape Vault 9-month extended warranty, but there are some procedures to follow:
- If there is an issue with your vape device under no circumstance,are you to try fix it yourself.
Please bring your vape device back to any Vape Vault store.
- Proof of purchase is required for you to claim your warranty, If you cannot find your proof of purchase please contact us.
- Your vape device warranty covers manufacture failure only, your warranty does not cover if you have dropped, drowned, your dog chewed your device or a truck run over it.
Charging & Ports
- If your vape device has a built-in battery, we recommend using the charge cable provided in the package.
- If your vape device uses replaceable batteries, we recommend purchasing an external charger to charge your batteries because it is unsafe to use the USB port in your mod. Ports on a device that requires external batteries to work are only warranted for 30 days. An external lithium charger is recommended to balance charge batteries.
IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE OF TOWNSVILLE, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA
*If you live outside of Townsville and need to claim warranty on your device, please email us using the contact us page on the website, or call any of our stores and we will help you out.
If you are asked to post back the device, our postal address is:
Po Box 7195
It is your responsibility to post back the item and to send us a tracking number to prove you have posted it. If the parcel is lost in postage and you have not provided us with a tracking number, we will not be held responsible, and you will not receive your warranty.
Refunds: Postage is not refunded. Only the product, this includes if we ask you to post your product back.
Full Warranty & Returns
Here at Vape Vault, we are all vapers ourselves. We understand how frustrating it can be to receive a faulty device, so we have streamlined our returns process to make it faster and more efficient for you.
The statutory warranty period for vaping products in Australia is three months from the date of purchase. Vape Vault has chosen to offer a free extended warranty of up to 12 months. Rather good, hey?
Vaping gear can sometimes be complex and confusing to use unless you have done your research, so make sure you have researched the problem you're having and read as much as you can about how to operate your device.
Start with simple troubleshooting steps to begin with – for instance, if your mod will not fire, try changing the batteries (if they are replaceable), try using a different atomizer (Tank or RDA) to eliminate the possibility that it is your atomizer that is faulty, and try turning the mod off and on again. (usually 5 clicks should do the trick)
It is important to make sure you have done everything you can to troubleshoot the problem before you return an item to us. If we receive a returned item that needs to be replaced, we will cover the cost of shipping the replacement to you.
If you've read all of the above and you've performed troubleshooting on your device and your problem still persists and you have any questions about the product returns process, or want to follow up on an existing return request, you can get a hold us by calling either store or send us an email using our contact us page: Garbutt store:0405961127 Kirwan: 0405737069 Hyde Park: 0450177821
What's Covered and What's Not Covered
In simple terms, this warranty covers manufacturing faults and defects, major failures, and other issues not caused by your action or inaction.
It does not cover accidental damage, damage incurred because a product was used incorrectly or not in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, or ordinary wear and tear.
All products we sell, excluding some categories of products as listed below, come with a statutory three-month warranty, plus our free extended warranty period of up to 12 months.
Under the terms of the Australian Consumer Law ("ACL"), you are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The guarantees under the ACL are provided in sections 51 to 59 inclusive of the ACL (“Statutory Guarantees”) and the remedies are provided in sections 259 to 266 inclusive of the ACL (“Statutory Remedies”).
Warranties are not transferable and are voided upon resale of any product.
- E-liquids and Concentrates: As our e-liquids and concentrates contain food grade ingredients and are considered a consumable product, we do not allow returns or exchanges other than in the case of a manufacturing defect, as required by the ACL. While we strive to produce the tastiest e-liquids on the planet, we cannot guarantee that you'll love every drop – taste is subjective, everybody is different, and we cannot offer a replacement or refund for any liquid or concentrate on the basis of your personal preferences alone.
- Coils, Cotton, Wick, and Wire: As these items are considered consumable and will degrade with use over time, the warranty period for these items does not apply once the items have been removed from their original packaging and use. We do not offer a warranty for any coils, cotton, wick, or wire that have not been used in accordance with the manufacturer's or our instructions, have not been sufficiently primed, or have been used at incorrect or unsafe wattages. In some limited circumstances, at our sole discretion, we may accept the return and exchange of coils you purchase that are unsuitable for the device you intend to use them in, on the condition that the items are in their original, unopened packaging and have not been used. You will be responsible for the cost of shipping to return the item to us, and for the cost of shipping the replacement item to you.
- Batteries: As all rechargeable batteries are consumable products that degrade with use over time, we offer a fourteen-day warranty period on all batteries to ensure that the cells you receive are in good working order when you receive them. It is your responsibility to immediately test any battery you purchase upon receipt to ensure that it is discharging normally and capable of being recharged.
- USB Charging: We specifically caution against using the built-in USB charging facility on mods which use replaceable lithium-ion cells, and we provide a written warning on the product page for all products that offer it. If you choose to ignore this warning, please note that we do not offer a warranty or repair process for faults caused using built-in USB charging.
Notwithstanding our obligations under the ACL, if a product develops a fault due to damage incurred by your incorrect actions, including but not limited to accidental damage, incorrect handling, using a device in a manner contrary to its intended purpose, using inappropriate consumables not intended for use in the product, using liquids or other substances not provided by us, or any other action contrary to the manufacturer's or our instructions, this warranty shall be considered void.
The product must be used in accordance with manufacturer's or our instructions. This warranty does not apply should the defect in or failure of the product be attributable to misuse, abuse, accident, act of God such as lightning, or nonobservance of manufacturer's or our instructions on the part of the user. This warranty does not cover ordinary wear and tear in the product or its parts.
Vape Vault does not accept liability for
- any loss or damage however suffered, caused by or arising out of any failure to use the product in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, and
- any indirect, consequential, or economic loss or damage however caused.
This Warranty is immediately void if
- any serial number or appliance plate is removed or defaced
- the Product has been serviced or otherwise repaired by a person not authorized to do so by Vape Vault or where non approved replacement parts are used.
The product is designed for domestic use only. If applicable, the product must be connected to the electrical voltage supply as specified in the ratings label located on the product. This warranty does not cover defects arising from non-domestic use or incorrect voltage supply.
This warranty may only be claimed against where proof of original purchase is presented, for example, original paper or email receipt, or invoice, or serial number attached to customer account matches serial number or product.
Any parts of the product that need to be replaced, or if the whole product needs to be replaced, the replaced product, become the property of Vape Vault. The warranty on any replacement product or parts will expire on the same date that the warranty period on the original product expires.
The benefits provided by this warranty are in addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the product which the purchaser has under the Trade Practices Act 1974 and/or any other applicable State and Territory Laws, and applicable laws in New Zealand, which rights and remedies by law may not be excluded. All other warranties and representations, express and implied, are hereby excluded.
The purchaser bears the onus of proving that the defect occurred during the warranty period and was not caused by any of the causes excluded from this warranty.
This warranty does not cover products purchased second hand.
The purchaser is responsible for all postage and freight charges and any other expenses incidental to claiming against this warranty.
The warranty excludes consumable items (including but not limited to batteries, coils, liquids, wire, cotton) and normal wear and tear.
When you return a product to us for any warranty purpose, Vape Vault or the manufacturer will determine, at our sole discretion, whether the product is faulty and the cause of the fault within a reasonable time frame.
In the case of a manufacturing defect or other fault not caused by you or your actions, we may offer you a store credit, refund, repair, or replacement in accordance with our obligations under the ACL.
In most cases, at our sole discretion, where appropriate and in accordance with our obligations under the ACL, we will offer a replacement for any item that qualifies under the terms of this warranty. In lieu of a replacement, we may choose, at our sole discretion, to offer you a refund or store credit.
Due to payment processor limitations, only store credit is available for warranty claims made beyond the three-month statutory warranty period.
While individual circumstances may vary and the law is uncertain, the policies set out in this document are intended to provide you with remedies that Vape Vault believes to be consistent with your statutory rights under the ACL in the event of breach of a Consumer Guarantee relating to faulty products.
Our policies are in addition to, and do not limit your rights with respect to, the Consumer Guarantees or any other rights and remedies that you have under the law in relation to the goods sold by Vape Vault.
If you are not satisfied with a remedy under the Vape Vaults Minimum Voluntary Warranty Policy you can discuss your concerns with a Vape Vault Store Manager who is authorized to provide an alternative remedy where appropriate.
If the store manager believes that the Vape Vault remedy is adequate but you are not still satisfied that your ACL rights are being appropriately observed then you can submit your concerns in writing to our ACL Warranty Claims Officer by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact us page.
Returned and Reshipped Mail
. In certain circumstances that Australia Post charges for postage we may pass that fee on to you, along with the cost of reshipping your parcel, and you may be required to make payment prior to your parcel being reshipped.
These circumstances include, but are not limited to, the following:
- If Australia Post cannot deliver your parcel to the address you specified during checkout (e.g, if you neglect to enter your street number or street name)
- If you have not collected your parcel from your local post office and it is returned to us after a period of time according to Australia Post's abandoned parcels process
- If you or someone in your household rejects delivery of a parcel
In general terms, if your parcel is returned due to your action or inaction, the returned parcel and reshipping fees may apply.
If we determine that your parcel is returned through no fault of your own, for instance if the shipping label becomes damaged during transit or Australia Post misdirects the delivery, then we will reship the parcel to you at our expense.